Sunday, January 2, 2011

Setting the scene...

I decided this past December that I was going to try something new in 2011. Something crazy. Something I have never done before. I am going to try to read the Bible every day. As an astute reader may notice, the date of this first post is January 2nd. Yes, only 24 hours into 2011 and I have already failed. Historically I would have used that as an excuse to abandon my good intentions but not this year, this year is going to be different, this year I am going to stick to it actually develop a beneficial habit.

I will be using a program called QuickVerse, which has kindly divided up the New Testament into daily portions for me. It also provides multiple translations but I will be primarily using The Message (because I like it) and the New King James Version (for a sanity check on modern language).

My plan is to read through the New Testament in a year and to blog about it every day, a sort of digital accountability. I will record my rambling thoughts in complete honesty, capturing all of my blazing insights as well as my unanswered questions. I am much more likely to have more of the latter than the former but I guess that is what this is all about. I suppose that in keeping with my pledge for uncensored honesty I should admit that I don't really know what it's all about, at least not for myself. I know what others say and what the answer should be, but I haven't done my own due diligence to develop my own strong beliefs. Perhaps this will help with that.

So, with all that being said I will end this introductory post and begin my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment